Monday, February 2, 2009

Dual Boxing = Fun!

Just quick post that my dual boxing fun continues. Friend of mine doesn't use his WoW account often lets me use his 70 DK to help level up some of my lowbie toons by dual boxing late at night.

My undead rogue Poof who was level 13 two weeks ago is now level 36 and hasn't done a quest for over 10 levels. All I do is run instances over and over so he gets kill XP and all the blue drops. Aside from being a fun alternative to the usual "questing to level" I have to say it's fun to romp through instances that most of my characters never got to do w/out any worry of dying. The DK just pulls a whole room, kills them all and my rogue sits back and gets all the xp/loot!

So far my instance runs count goes something like:

  • WC: 1
  • BFD: 2
  • RFK: 7
  • RFD: 5 (full) 8 (partial)
  • SM: 5 (all 4 wings)
  • ULDAMAN: 3
  • ZF: 1
I just ran him through Zul'Farrak at level 35 (he dinged at the end) since 35 is the lowest level you can be before you enter (I didn't even know there were "lowest level limits" in WoW). It was pretty funny because my rogue couldn't even tell what level the trash was in there - they were all ?? Elites to him! But we cleared the place! Even the final dude in that cave, Antu'sul who was nice enough to drop his sword for when Poof hits level 44!

Update 2009/01/04:
Ran through Maraudon last night! I'm starting to have to be a bit more careful with my pulls - sometimes I can only take on 1 group of 5-6 mobs at a time which certainly slows things down a bit. Maraudon is also HUGE so it took a good 2 hours to do a full clear - but both the DK and my rogue got the achievement. Sadly only 1 useable item dropped [Claw of Celebras].

I am starting to wonder if it's worth worrying about what drops since some blue items in my bank are already worthless. I guess when I hit the point where the DK can't solo instances above a certain level I'll be left with whatever blue gear my rogue was able to get before that point. Who knows what I'll do then!

0 comments: